25 mayo, 2014

More Gratitude = More Happiness

Today I went to a cemetery with my family to see the memorial sites of some relatives. I felt a mix of emotions when we arrived, but I felt stronger through the experience, and I know that everyone will see their loved ones again!

Picture taken by Breezy S.

The experience helped me in lots of ways and I thought I should share some lessons that I learned. Although it is difficult to have loved ones pass on, memories of them can help us to try to be a better person if we are teachable and maintain a good attitude. Such difficult experiences can also help us to:
  • Remember what is most important and be grateful for what we do have
  • Learn that we shouldn't take anything for granted
  • Grow as we have more compassion for other people
  • Appreciate more of our freedoms
  • Learn more from challenges
Learning to appreciate more helps us to enjoy life more. Doing so is not always easy, but can help us to focus less on our own problems as we think of others.

Last but not least, I want to take time to give thanks and recognition to those that have served this country. Kenneth Vaughan and Steve Brown. Thank you!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario